2014 Harley-Davidson® XL1200T SUPERLOW
- Premium Styling Features: There’s only one way to build a Harley-Davidson® motorcycle: premium to the final detail. The new SuperLow® 1200T model is a rolling testament to that fact. From the true, awesome rumble of the 1200cc V-Twin engine to the steel parts to the premium paint and flawless chrome, this motorcycle is every inch a Harley-Davidson® motorcycle. And you will recognize the value of that more with each passing mile.
- Teardrop Fuel Tank: The 4.5-gallon teardrop fuel tank on the SuperLow® 1200T model means you’ve got plenty of gas for those long stretches between towns. But a Harley-Davidson® gas tank has to do more than just hold gas. This is a gas tank designed the way only Harley can do it. With classic lines, a smooth curve around the bottom edge instead of a cheap-looking metal ridge, and mounted to leave a good amount of room to showcase the engine.
- True Custom Finish: Let your eyes take a trip over the new SuperLow® 1200T model and you’ll notice a new chrome air cleaner cover emblazoned with the words “1200 Sportster”, a chrome headlamp visor, chrome speedo and chrome rear turn signal bar, and a new black and chrome timer cover. Details like this put plenty of distance between the SuperLow® 1200T and the average ride.
- Lockable Saddlebags, Docking Points for Sissybar and Luggage Rack: You've got a pair of sleek, lockable saddlebags on the new SuperLow® 1200T model. You also have docking points that make it easy to add a custom luggage rack and sissybar to give you even more places to pack your gear. Who says a bike can't look good and still pack up for big miles?
- Quick Release Windshield: The new SuperLow® 1200T model is built for long miles on the highway, but it strips down quickly for a cleaner look. Or when you just want to feel a little more wind.
- Split 5-Spoke Cast Aluminum Wheels: The new SuperLow® 1200T motorcycle rolls on all-new, 5-spoke cast aluminum wheels painted black and machine polished for a premium finish. Why say more? These wheels speak for themselves.
- Evolution® Engine Heritage: The Evolution® engine – known in certain crowds as the Blockhead – was first bolted to the frame of a Harley-Davidson® motorcycle back in 1984. Born from legendary Shovelhead and Ironhead engines, the Evolution® engine broke new ground in displacement innovation while maintaining the hunger for power, durability and proven reliability that The Motor Company was built on.
- Evolution® Engine Innovation: Air-cooled and durable as hell, the 1200cc Evolution® engine is yet another nod to the unwavering work ethic that drives advancements in motor technology at Harley-Davidson. Aluminum heads and cylinders lighten the load of the bike and improve air-cooling efficiency. Electronic fuel injection says goodbye to carburetors and boasts increased reliability and less routine maintenance. Bottom line: the rubber-mounted Evolution® engine runs hard and rides smooth for thousands of miles so you can just worry about taking in the freedom of the open road.
- Pure Harley-Davidson Styling: Feast your eyes on the 1200cc Evolution® engine and there's no mistaking its roots. This is authentic Harley-Davidson style through and through with an attention to detail you won't find from any other motorcycle company. Chrome and wrinkle black cylinders topped off by chrome cylinder heads and chrome rocker covers, while chrome pushrods highlight the iconic V-Twin. It's a jewel machined out of metal. Pure. Dripping with power. From the classic edge of the cooling fins to the clean lines of cases and covers—the 1200cc Evolution® engine makes an ironclad statement to holding on to what's right and staying true to what satisfies the rider.
- Foundation Brake System: Like riding itself, you can never go too far when it comes to improving a bike’s brakes. This is why for 2014 we gave the brake system of each Sportster® model a complete overhaul designed to improve performance, fit and finish. We increased the size of the brake rotors from 292mm to 300mm, and added a more powerful, stylized front caliper with 34mm pistons, and stylized rear caliper to match. Other system features include an improved all-aluminum integrated rear master cylinder with reservoir, new all-aluminum front master cylinder with reduced friction and higher efficiency, and stainless steel braided lines. It all adds up to more confidence on the road, and more power and predictability when you squeeze the brakes.
- Anti-Lock Brakes (Optional): When the burrito exit comes out of nowhere, you’ll need a little extra braking power. That’s why we’re proud to introduce optional anti-lock brakes (ABS) on all Sportster models. ABS improves overall braking performance, and keeps you from locking up under heavy braking. Plus, the entire system is smartly integrated into the design of the bike, so nothing gets in the way of your steel work of art. Because what’s the point of stopping if you can’t make a few heads turn?
- Ergonomic Hand Controls: If your hands feel good on the controls you’ll feel good on the bike. Which is why when you twist the throttle of a Harley-Davidson® motorcycle, you just know. You feel more dialed in, comfortable and attuned to the road and everything around you. In designing the new hand controls we went the extra mile to make sure every operation is as intuitive, fluid and effortless as possible. So you can keep your eyes on what’s over the next ridge and not what’s under your thumb. Things like self-canceling turn signals that are right where you want them to be and brake levers that are easy for all riders to reach. We’ve added new features, too, like a trip switch and vehicle “start” switch on keyless models. Details that may seem small but make a huge difference on the road. Because it’s tiny things like these that "......make a Harley-Davidson a Harley-Davidson".
- Integrated Electrical System: Coursing through every 2014 Sportster® model is a new body controller with updated routing. It has a cleaner look and reduces the number of wiring harnesses, switches, relays and fuses. Which is a fancy way of saying less fuss. We’ve also added a new voltage regulator with modified fins and integrated connectors to improve heat rejection. Like you, the 2014 Sportsters are wired and ready to chase wind and eat up miles of pavement.
- Closed Loop Exhaust System: Designed to meet future worldwide emissions standards, and the standards of future generations of Harley-Davidson® motorcycle riders. The new closed loop exhaust system delivers heart-pounding performance in the key of the trademark Harley-Davidson rumble. With its robust, soul-stirring big twin design, new durable mufflers with exhaust shields, a catalyst and mini heated oxygen sensors that improve emissions and drivability, this system is not only better for the environment, it makes riding better.
- New Wrinkle Black Console with Speedometer, Tach and Gear Indicator: Even though none of us would want to admit it, from time to time, we've all had to kick our shift lever back down to 1 to figure out what gear we were in. The SuperLow® 1200T model gives you a speedometer with a gear indicator readout and a tachometer that can be activated by your trip switch. Now you've got all the information you need to keep it in the power band at the touch of a finger.
- Adjustable Rear Shocks: The new SuperLow® 1200T model has an all-new dial adjust emulsion shock and twin tube system. You can tune your suspension to match your riding style, or to accommodate full saddlebags and a passenger without removing the saddlebags or purchasing any special tools. Just dial in your ride and roll.
- Final Drive Ratio: The final drive ratio on the SuperLow® 1200T model is dialed in for smooth handling at low speeds and easy, quick acceleration off the line. It’s coupled with electronic fuel injection for instant response and easy handling. So you can be confident that your motorcycle will respond when you roll on the throttle.
- Low Seat Height: There’s a reason we named this motorcycle the SuperLow® 1200T. The seat is just 25.5 inches off the ground. That low seat height, combined with the narrow frame, and the narrow nose seat, makes it easy to maneuver your ride through turns and down straights at any speed from parking lot to interstate. And reach the ground when you stop. If you’re looking for a motorcycle you can feel confident to go on, look no further.
- Michelin® Scorcher™ Tires: Michelin® Scorcher™ Tires provide the superior performance, sensational grip, impressive durability and excellent handling expected on a race-bred bike. The exclusive deep-cut tread design improves grip and water evacuation capability. Grip performance and durability is also enhanced by the tire's rubber compounds, which use the latest generation of Michelin synthetic polymers. Under the rear rubber, aramid belts are used to stabilize your ride, which helps inspire confidence in handling.
- Relocated Mid-Mount Controls: The SuperLow® 1200T model gives you the confidence-inspiring riding position that comes from mid-mount foot controls. Your feet are right where you want them to be, with an easy reach to the ground when it’s time to stop. Your knees ride naturally next to the tank for a good center of gravity and balance in the corners. And the controls have been re-positioned to give you easy access to the jiffy stand.
- Rider Mini Footboards: As the old saying goes, “Take care of your feet, and your feet will take care of you”. When you’re on the Sportster® SuperLow® 1200T model, your feet are riding on new mini footboards that give you more comfort and support than pegs. The more comfortable you are, the farther you want to ride.
- Comfortable Cockpit: A combination of a low bucket seat, longer travel rear suspension and easy-grip handlebar creates a comfortable riding position for a wide range of riders. Ergonomically sound, this bike helps build confidence in all aspects of your journey—from lifting it off its side stand to handling and turning, and every bump, twisty and stop in between.
- Length: 87.56 in. (2,224 mm)
- Seat Height, Laden: 26.13 in. (663.7 mm)
- Seat Height, Unladen: 27.65 in. (702.31 mm)
- Ground Clearance: 4.2 in. (106.68 mm)
- Rake (steering head) (deg): 31.1
- Trail: 5.7 in. (145 mm)
- Wheelbase: 59.1 in. (1,500 mm)
- Tires, Front Specification: 120/70 ZR-18 59W
- Tires, Rear Specification: 150/70 ZR-17 69W
- Fuel Capacity: 4.5 gal. (17 L)
- Oil Capacity (w/filter): 2.8 qt. (2.6 L)
- Weight, As Shipped: 571.82 lb. (259.92 kg)
- Weight, In Running Order: 598.82 lb. (271.62 kg)
- Engine: Air-cooled, Evolution®
- Bore: 3.5 in. (88.9 mm)
- Stroke: 3.811 in. (96.8 mm)
- Displacement: 73.4 cu in. (1,202 cc)
- Compression Ratio: 10.0:1
- Fuel System: Electronic Sequential Port Fuel Injection (ESPFI)
- Primary Drive: Chain, 38/57 ratio
- Gear Ratios (overall) 1st: 9.315
- Gear Ratios (overall) 2nd: 6.653
- Gear Ratios (overall) 3rd: 4.948
- Gear Ratios (overall) 4th: 4.102
- Gear Ratios (overall) 5th: 3.517
- Wheels, Front Type: Black/Silver, Split 5-Spoke Cast Aluminum
- Wheels, Rear Type: Black/Silver, Split 5-Spoke Cast Aluminum
- Brakes, Caliper Type: Dual-Piston front, Dual-Piston rear
- Engine Torque Testing Method: SAE J1349
- Engine Torque: 70.8 ft. lb. (96 Nm)
- Engine Torque (rpm): 3500
- Lean Angle, Right (deg.): 25
- Lean Angle, Left (deg.): 26
- Fuel Economy: Combined City/Hwy: 48 mpg (4.9 L/100 km)
- Lights (as per country regulation), Indicator Lamps: High beam, neutral, low oil pressure, turn signals, engine diagnostics, low fuel warning, low battery, security system (optional)
- Engine Type
- 73.4 cu.in. (1,202 cc)
- Bore and Stroke
- 3.5 in. (88.9 mm) x 3.811 in. (96.8 mm)
- Compression Ratio
- Fuel System
- Electronic Sequential Port Fuel Injection (ESPFI)
- Front Brakes
- Rear Brakes
- Front Tire
- 120/70 ZR-18 59W
- Rear Tire
- 150/70 ZR-17 69W
- 59.1 in. (1,500 mm)
- Seat Height
- Laden: 26.13 in. (663.7 mm); Unladen: 27.65 in. (702.31 mm)
- 31.1 deg.
- 5.7 in. (145 mm)
- Fuel Capacity
- 4.5 gal. (17 L)
- 48 mpg (4.9 L/100 km)
- Dry Weight
- 571.82 lb. (259.92 kg)
- Standard: Analog
- Vivid Black